“How To Ice A Cake” has teamed up with “Magazine Values” to bring you a special offer!
Any of you that are serious sugarcrafters and cake decorators probably wait eagerly each quarter for “Cakes and Sugarcraft” magazine to arrive on the shelf.
Published by Squires Kitchen, this magazine is packed full of tutorials, interviews, products reviews, inspirational cake ideas and super competitions.
Why not purchase a year’s subscription for you or as a gift for a friend? Have this fantastic magazine delivered to your door.
Use the code “CAKE5” at the checkout to receive your discount!
I am sure that you have seen ads for Craftsy online courses all over the Internet. Well, are they any good?! I have been very impressed with the cake decorating class that I am part of the way through! I chose Vintage Cakes, Modern Methods and the video is excellent for talking you through every single detail, and the printouts and extra help are also great. It’s well worth the small price for the classes, and they often have special offers!
One way to see if it is something you would like is to try one of their FREE classes! Yes, that’s right, FREE! There a quite a few to choose from – if you are into knitting, sewing or crocheting, you can choose from:
- Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
- Or Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
- Or even Sewing Machine 911: Give your sewing machine some TLC with the help of this free course. Learn to clean and maintain your sewing machine with tips and tricks taught in this class!
But for those of you interested in cake decorating, why not try one of these?!
- The Hand-Painted Cake: Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen’s freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin’s tips and tricks.
- Modern Buttercream: Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
Trying one of these FREE classes is a great way to see if the other classes are for you!
Beautiful Red Roses!
I came across this link recently and thought that it was a really great step-by-step tutorial on making a simple cake look stunning by covering it with beautiful red roses.
The website is in Italian, but the pictures are so good that it would be easy enough to follow even if you don’t speak a word!
With some practice, it is a technique that I am sure could be used on many, many other cakes.
For advice on getting a lovely deep red colour for your red roses, have a look at the tips and tricks page.