Here’s a recipe for a simple chocolate ganache that should be enough to cover a 9-inch cake that serves 12 people:
12 oz Dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup Heavy cream
2 tbsp Unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Place the finely chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for about 1 minute.
- Add the unsalted butter and vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Use a whisk or a spatula to gently stir the mixture until the chocolate is completely melted and the ganache is smooth and shiny.
- Let the ganache cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Once the ganache has cooled, it should be thick enough to spread over the cake. If it’s too runny, let it cool for a bit longer.
- Spread the ganache evenly over the top and sides of the cake using an offset spatula or a butter knife.
- Let the ganache set at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious chocolate ganache cake!
Covers a 9 inch cake that serves 12 people.
The prep time and cook time for this chocolate ganache recipe should take about 20-30 minutes. Keep in mind that the ganache will need to cool to room temperature before it can be used, so factor in an additional 30 minutes for cooling time.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
Keywords: simple chocolate ganache