Christmas is right around the corner, and that means one thing – it’s time to start thinking about the perfect cake.
A Perfect Almond Icing For Christmas Cake Is EASY!
Christmas cakes are a traditional holiday staple, and what better way to top off your festive dessert than with homemade almond icing?
If you’re looking to make your dessert special, then adding almond icing is just the thing. Not only does this icing make a beautiful final touch, but its sweet flavor will put a smile on everyone’s face. Look at our other cake decorating ideas or cake icing recipes.
Let’s take a look at how to make it!
Recipe: Almond Icing For Christmas Cake
Ingredients Needed for Almond Icing
You will need the following ingredients to make your almond icing:
- 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 3 tablespoons of milk or cream
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Food coloring (optional)
- Large bowl
Method for Almond Icing
1. In a large bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and butter until combined. You want to ensure there are no lumps in the mixture.
2. Next, add in the almond extract and milk/cream and continue mixing until combined. The consistency should be thick but spreadable. If it’s too thick, you can add more milk/cream; if it’s too thin, then add more powdered sugar until you get the desired texture.
3. Once everything is mixed together, you can now add food coloring if desired – this will help bring out the sweetness of the icing even more!
4. Spread onto your cooled cake evenly with a spatula or knife, and enjoy!
6. Store any leftover icing in an airtight container for up to one week in the fridge or freezer for future use!
7. This icing also works well on cupcakes or other desserts as well! So feel free to experiment!
8. Enjoy your delicious Christmas Cake with almond icing!
With just a few simple ingredients and an even simpler process, you can now make delicious almond icing for your Christmas cake that will have everyone raving about its flavor!
Making almond icing is really easy and takes no time at all – and it’s great for making any cake extra special this holiday season! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious topping that everyone will love – perfect for any Christmas feast or gathering with friends and family alike!
Also, try this recipe if you want to make an almond cake with almond icing.
So why not give it a try? You won’t regret it when your guests rave about how amazing your Christmas Cake tastes!